So you’re just about to sit down and plan your wedding. Here are my top 5 wedding movies to get you in the mood.
1. Father of the Bride – either the original from 1950 or the remake with Steve Martin. Its funny and sweet, the couple are adorable and it just makes you want to get married again and again.
2. Made of Honour – its about marrying your best friend, how great is that. Its romantic and sweet. The only downside is that you have to listen to Patrick Dempsey’s cringy pronounciation of caramel in the opening segment.
3. My Best Friend’s Wedding – before I met my husband I was gunning for Julia Roberts, and after I was married, I was weeping for joy as Cameron Diaz stole everyone’s heart. Take a look and enjoy this gem.
4. The Wedding Singer – A very cute Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler take us on a trip down retro 80s lane. Love it!
5. Four Weddings and a Funeral – British wit and Hugh Grant before the Divine Brown disaster – a winning combination.
And a small addition – the straight-to-video Besty’s Wedding from 1990. Starring Molly Ringwald, this very cute movie will remind you to enjoy your wedding, even when it all goes pear shaped at the end.
I confess, I am a wedding addict and am living a beautiful, fuzzy dream, blurred by everything that encapsulates unique weddings that ooze style and creativity. Doing things differently, you won't find over saturated puffy white weddings here! Welcome to my wonderland, my menagerie where all things creative and stylish collide. Come on in and have some tea!