Love her, love her, love her! If she favours you, love her. If she wounds you, love her. If she tears your heart to pieces – and as it gets older and stronger, it will tear deeper – love her, love her, love her! This is one of my favourite literary quotes from the classic Charles
Showing us the diversity of details that can be incorporated into your own wedding, this shoot successfully achieves what I am a big believer in; using a modern wedding dress can fit any theme!
Charlotte from Wilden Bride London is a bridal designer known for her intricately-made bespoke creations. Combining her experiences in costume design with high fashion she creates a style which is fashionably quirky and elegantly glamorous! I love, love, love! her designs and her Great Expectations show them off spectacularly!!!
A Great Expectations wedding photo shoot
I love this wedding photo shoot. Charlottes done an exceptional job showing off the variations of details you can use when you choose a theme such as Great Expectations. The dresses are spectacular and the colours she chose are beautiful.
From Charlotte at Wilden Bride London
It may seem strange to use such a sad story as inspiration for your wedding, but couples do, and so we have endeavoured to provide that inspiration, but with two options from which to draw upon . . .
There are many ways in which you can draw inspiration from a ‘theme’, and rather than turn your wedding into a costume party, it can just give a little more meaning and direction to your styling choices.
The first part of our shoot we have provided a more ‘realistic’ look which doesn’t step too far into the realm of fantasy. Our Miss Havisham is beautifully groomed, she is vibrant and happy as any bride would be on the morning of her wedding, she is dressed in a dramatic gown with and excitedly makes her way through the corridors of the building on the way to her lavish afternoon tea party with beautiful cakes and treats towering high, dainty porcelain crockery and pretty red roses and table accessories.
It is my view that variation in one theme creates much more luxury than ten items all looking the same in a row.
Having several cake bakers involved in the shoot, making different things from their repertoires meant that there was a real feeling of luxury created with all of the different interpretations, textures and layers, and to have everything tangled together by the flora, made all of the pieces connect, rather than sitting stale on the table.
You may notice that our Miss Havisham bride is being followed by some intriguing red bubble balloons which were supplied by online store Party Delights. This detail relates to a line in the novel of Great Expectations where Miss Havisham describes love as having a red balloon burst in your face. Subtle details of your theme can help you make your decisions, but you don’t have to be bound by them.
The second part shows Miss Havisham broken down, she receives a letter from her fiance to tell her that he is not coming . . .
While still beautiful, the brides hairstyle and make-up is more eccentric and her dress is shredded. Cobwebs have veiled the table of luxurious treats and now there are hand-made sugar mice ‘scurrying’ around the table.
While we didn’t want to turn the shoot into a fancy dress party, we know that there are brides out there who are keen to break the boundaries.
Ours is a shoot with purpose as well as prettiness, I’m quite keen to show the versatility of items that can be used on your wedding day. For example, a dress in a very modern design, can be styled to fit any theme that you like, likewise for all other items and for different budgets too. A bride can satisfy tradition with her choices, but also style it in a way that makes it her own.
Now check out behind the scenes (my fav. bit) of this spectacular wedding photo shoot by the awesome team at Urban Cinematography
- Bespoke Dress Design – www.WildenBrideLondon.com
- Model -Kira Harper – www.spiritmodels.co.uk
- Photographer – www.helinebekker.co.uk
- Videography – http://www.urbancinematography.com
- MUA – www.sabrinalily.co.uk
- Hair Stylist – www.wonderfulweddinghair.co.uk
- Florist – www.VintageFloralDesign.co.uk
- Tiered Cakes and Iced Cupcakes – www.elizabethscakeemporium.com
- Mini Cupcakes, Cake Pops, Cookies, Sugar mice and spiders – www.delicieuxcakes.co
- Classic Baked Cakes and Petit Fours – www.frenchmade.co.uk
- Please note that all cake bakers listed who contributed to this shoot accept commissions for all cake related enquiries, please visit their websites for more examples.
- Vintage Hire and Styling – www.chintznchinavintagehire.co.uk
- Vintage Crafted Jewelry and Accessories – www.rosieweisencrantz.com
- Stationery – www.thefinerdetails.co.uk
- Balloons – www.partydelights.co.uk
- Venue – www.roughluxe.co.uk
Latest posts by Zarn (see all)
- Top Tips When Venturing into Fitness - February 13, 2018
- 2018 Wedding Food and Drink Trends - February 5, 2018
- Adding a touch of sparkle to the Christmas Party food - November 27, 2017