You may have noticed I’ve been missing from the blog for a while… OK, a long while! And it’s taken me a long time to finally sit in front of my littleMac and type this post; I thought about apologising, but honestly, I’m not sorry. I’ve been selfish for months now… but I needed to be. My daily gossiping about weddings and fashion and all things photography seemed so useless and completely unnecessary in my life over the last few months…
Now I won’t elongate the last few months of my life in words that sound like I need sorrow, or pity but the truth is, life’s been hell. We lost Rob’s Dad at the beginning of the year after a traumatic stint in hospital and then in the weirdest twist of fate, his Mum landed in hospital needing life saving surgery one week before his Dad’s funeral.
Then a few weeks after the funeral finally went ahead my beautiful sister was diagnosed with breast cancer and has been fighting it ever since…
That was my last straw – I crashed!
My last few months have been like sheets of ice breaking every time I took a step so, I decided, most selfishly, that my family needed to come first. And it did! And it still is… but
I’m back in a multi coloured rainbow kind of fashion and loaded with some awesome wedding stuff and more BIG surprises. (Things will be somewhat different around here) because…
Things have become somewhat a little steadier now so
1. I’m back, Alice is back!
2. And I have a (super excited about this one) sparkly new vogue-esq blog design on its way soon
3. I’m also currently lapping up the summer holidays with my bewdiful baby girl before she returns to school in two weeks as a big Yr 2 girly so I’m enjoying the stuff I love – her!
4. I’ve also become a health-conscious-doodle bug, (don’t get me started… no, actually, DO!) and I’m addicted to all things fresh, beautiful and physically torture-esq (ask my Yoga teacher)
5. And my new passion for being a healthy, yet still nutty, crazy, out-of-the-box, passionate human being will become a HUGE part of Alice this time (loads of super cool blog posts coming on all things bright, green and happy).
When I started blogging I thought there was a ‘proper’ way I had to blog, a ‘supposed’ way I had to proclaim my identity but life’s lessons have taught me one thing this year … honesty, truly is the best medicine.
It will be me on the blog, live, raw, and uncut this time. I won’t pretend to love Rock n roll if I don’t (not that I did), or get a tattoo just because it makes me look cool (although I’ve always wanted one, my fear of needles has stopped me) or pretend to be the stylishly perfect blogger I see so much of on the internet; I have warts, I am passionate and therefore I powerfully dislike things and I make mistakes but it’s all mine and I do it with great heart and loads of passion.
The one thing I’m not though, is rude, I don’t swear like a trooper and I won’t shove my opinions down your throat.
I will though …
be creating one hell of a place for you to get inspired by all things creative and stylish
be seeking your ideas too; and
be sharing my ideas, passion, out of the box thinking on all things wedding, love and life! (with the occasional Green tea thrown in).
I’m quite simply quirky, out-of-the-box, social and packed full of energy (most days) and that’s who you’ll find here (and somewhere else *chuckles to herself* more on that later)…
Arrgh! It’s sooo good to be back!
Stay tuned for more passion, out-of-the-box, social and energising creativity (see what I’m dong hehe).
P.S. What a wicked photo up top ha?! Love it! More coming soon – Photo credit: andrealeephotography.com
Latest posts by Zarn (see all)
- Top Tips When Venturing into Fitness - February 13, 2018
- 2018 Wedding Food and Drink Trends - February 5, 2018
- Adding a touch of sparkle to the Christmas Party food - November 27, 2017